Have you had your colonoscopy?
Colorectal cancer is the second-leading cause of cancer death in the United States, despite the fact that it is treatable if found early with regular screening. Unfortunately, more than 1/3 of those at risk avoid their screening!
Schedule your colonoscopy today with Denver Digestive Health Specialists. We are Colorado’s gastroenterology experts, highly experienced at performing this procedure safely and effectively.
To schedule your colonoscopy, please call 303-355-3525.
Did you know…
- Colorectal cancer is the third most commonly diagnosed cancer in men and women.
- In 2017, more than 95,000 new cases of colon cancer and more than 39,000 new cases of rectal cancer will be diagnosed in the United States.
- Colon cancer affects men and women equally.
- Incidence of colon cancer is highest among Alaska natives and in African Americans. Incidence is lowest among Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
- Between 2000 and 2014, colorectal cancer rates decreased by 34% in people over 50 but increased by 13% in those under 50.
- More and more people over 50 are getting screened for colorectal cancer every year, which may account for the decrease in cancer rates.
- The American Cancer Society now recommends screening at age 45 for people of average risk and earlier for those with a family history of colorectal cancer or advanced adenomas.
Source: American Cancer Society