Gallbladder Disease in Denver, CO
Ready to Consult a GI Physician?Find a Provider
What is gallbladder disease?
A small organ, located in the abdomen, your gallbladder stores and releases bile to aid in digestion. The term gallbladder disease is used to describe a variety of issues and diseases that have a negative impact on the gallbladder. These concerns include:
- Gallstones: Solid pieces of material that can block the path to the gallbladder and bile ducts.
- Cholecystitis: An inflammatory response in the gallbladder that is generally the result of gallstones. In time, the gallbladder can shrink and lose the capacity to release bile.
- Biliary dyskinesia: Decreased gallbladder function
- Acalculous gallbladder disease: When the gallbladder develops inflammation unaccompanied by gallstones.
- Sclerosing cholangitis: Persistent damage to and inflammation of the bile duct system that results in scar tissue forming.
- Choledocholithiasis: A situation where a gallstone becomes trapped in the exit way of the gallbladder. In the event this develops, the gallbladder can become inflamed.
If you develop a condition of the gallbladder like any of the conditions listed here, we urge you to have a skilled gastroenterology provider help you through your care. At Denver Digestive Health Specialists, our experts can deliver the services you seek. To get treatment for gallbladder disease in Denver, CO, please contact our staff to request a consultation.
What are the causes of gallbladder disease?
Many problems with the gallbladder arise from the formation of gallstones which develop when cholesterol, and other substances found in liver bile, coagulate and form hard, stone-like pieces. There might also be tumors that inhibit the bile from emptying properly, infection, or blood vessel concerns. Regardless of the reason behind gallbladder disease, you can get specialized care at a Denver Digestive Health Specialists location in your community. Our providers can assess your condition and guide you to the optimal path for care.
What are some common symptoms of gallbladder disease?
Common symptoms and indicators of gallbladder disease involve:
- Pain that spreads to the right shoulder or back
- Tenderness in the abdomen
- Throwing up
- Severe abdominal discomfort, particularly in your upper right or center portion of the abdomen
If you have one or more of the GI symptoms mentioned above, connect with a Denver Digestive Health Specialists location right away to request a consultation.
How is gallbladder disease treated?
The optimal strategy to avoid the risk of gallstones is to maintain a normal weight, decrease your weight steadily if necessary, and incorporate a healthy way of life. Some gallbladder diseases can be detected through a standard ultrasound. Your physician may sometimes recommend additional imaging scans like an MRI or CT scan. In the event gallbladder disease is required, treatment options may include:
- Fasting for a certain time period (this can allow your inflamed gallbladder to rest and decrease inflammation)
- Cholecystectomy (removal of the gallbladder)
- Pain medications
- Medications to dissolve gallstones
If you or a family member need treatment for gallbladder disease in Denver, CO, let our experienced team help you review your options.
Cutting-edge treatment for gallbladder disease
Gallbladder concerns, such as biliary dyskinesia, gallstones, and cholecystitis, biliary dyskinesia, cholecystitis, and gallstones, can be detected and addressed by a skilled digestive health provider at Denver Digestive Health Specialists. In the event you notice symptoms related to your digestive tract, then it is important for you to meet with an experienced GI physician in your area as soon as possible to be examined for conditions like gallbladder disease. As a physician-led network of gastroenterology specialists, we are equipped with the latest innovative treatment solutions for individuals suffering from gallbladder disease. To locate an experienced gastroenterologist who can help treat your gallbladder disease in Denver, CO, reach out to a location in your area today.
I like the professionalism and greeting when the doctor comes and get you from the waiting area to pick you up for your Exam It makes you feel like you have a more personal connection with your doctor And feel more at ease.
Very nice and friendly. Great doctor and experience.Dr Fishman is very personable and delightful.
Everyone is always friendly, patient, and my answers are usually answered each time. It’s pretty easy to get an appointment within a short time as well.
I find Dr. Miller a caring, compassionate, professional. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of his expertise. Thank you Dr Miller for all you have done for me.
Dr. Fishman and his team are a prime example of how high quality care can and should be delivered. Highly recommend them to anyone who needs GI care!